Open Position: Company Stage Manager
Summary of the Role
The Company Stage Manager is the sole member of the stage management team and is responsible for managing and supporting the creative team and the acting company. They are responsible for the smooth running of the show at each venue and maintaining the relaxed and fun atmosphere championed by Bar’d Work. They are the main point of contact between the Producers and the acting company.
- Provides support for the creative team
- Provides pastoral care for the acting company and show staff, and is the first point of call outside working hours for any sickness, questions, or concerns
- Runs rehearsals and creates a prompt copy
- Schedules all rehearsals, fight calls, and show calls
- Ensures all Rehearsal Notes and Show Report issues are followed through and communicated to the relevant departments
- Runs the technical and dress rehearsals
- Ensures the standard of the show is maintained throughout the run
- Apprises management of any situations that are likely to adversely affect the show
- Ensures there is adequate cover for the show and assists with the organisation of emergency cover when required
- Ensures that all relevant information is passed onto the acting company and show staff before the shows and during the run.
- Ensures the show staff and company have the information required to enable them to access medical care
- At a point agreed with the Producers, liaises with the venues regarding the company’s requirements of the venue, including dressing rooms, get in times and schedules. Maintains an excellent relationship with each venue.
- Ensures the fight and dance captains can run in-venue rehearsals to time
- Talks Venues through FOH and stewarding and ensures posters for digital programmes are displayed
- Completes the show report proforma at the end of every show and ensures that all matters arising are promptly dealt with
- Organises the transportation of props to and from venues
- Processes petty cash for all departments and ensures budgets are adhered to
- Organises all company ticket requests
- Ensures health and safety regulations and risk assessments are adhered to and takes overall responsibility for the safe working of the show staff
- Completes accident reports and ensures steps are taken to prevent similar accidents occurring
- Ensures contingencies are put in place for show stops and technical failures
- Prepares timesheets for the actors and forwards them to the relevant members of staff
- Ensures the terms of the show staff and company’s contracts are adhered to and informs management of any concerns regarding this
- Liaises with management and assists with any grievances or disciplinary proceedings
- Deals with all matters with tact and discretion
- Is a champion of Bar’d Work, representing it in a professional manner, supporting its philosophy and vision at all times
There may be other duties that develop from time to time that will further the aims of Bar’d Work.
This is a contracted position for the duration of the Sydney season from 20th January – 28th March 2020. Rehearsals will be 3 x evenings and 1 x Saturday daytime per week for 4 weeks. Following this it will be evening calls for performances.
The role is based on a 30 hour week, but may require additional hours from time to time, particularly in the production week prior to opening. It is expected that the incumbent will manage their workload to account for this. The role is primarily based in Sydney, but may also include touring as required.
Payment will be a flat fee of $1,000.
Complimentary tickets will be offered once the season commences.
A full driver’s licence is essential and a first aid certificate is an advantage.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th December 2019.